09 September 2009

Ashley

"Let's road trip to the country," I said. It was a perfect August day, and I was itching to take some photos. My roommate Ashley was sewing, but she agreed to be my model. And to drive us (score two for me!). So we got in her not-so-little white Buick and headed out of Minneapolis and into the unknown... of Eden Prairie, Minnesota. ha. Just call us adventurous! Ashley and I both have a little country in us -- she from small town Minnesota and I from Texas via Montana -- so an afternoon of boots, country radio, and wide open spaces was refreshing and inspiring. And Ashley was so fun to photograph! Not only was she gorgeous against the wheat fields, but she has such a quiet presence on camera -- totally unexpected from my partner in crime, but absolutely beautiful.
















We ended the day helping (ok, making fun of) a few local boys whose 4-wheeler had died in the middle of the fields.




They thought we were weird for traveling all the way to the 'burbs for a photo shoot, but we were just relieved they weren't some farmer coming to yell at us for trampling his crops. I guess Ashley and I weren't the only ones in need of an adventure.. (everyone say "awwwww!").



I'll be posting lots of stuff from the summer over the next few weeks.. and some travel stuff, too. It's amazing how much free time I have without access to surfthechannel. Cheers!

1 comment:

Dani said...

You just confused the crap out of me with this post. I thought you were in London and you're posting old stuff!