06 September 2010

Abby

I've known Abby since second grade. She was four, the youngest sister of my childhood best friend. Now she's a high school senior. Um... where did the years go?

I could start to ramble here, to get all weepy over the fact that she reminds me so much of her big sister -- the same doll-blue eyes and blonde ringlets, the same laugh, the same delicate gestures, the quiet grace and prettiness I've admired nearly all my life...

But instead I'll say this: To photograph Abby was an incredible experience for me. Being behind a camera means you get to stare at someone, to observe their quirks and nuances and create an image that shows the beauty of what you've found. And as much as Abby resembles her sister, what I found was a young woman all her own, full of spark and sass and loveliness, ready to tackle what's next. So let these photographs be a celebration -- of growth thus far, and of a future ever unfolding.

abby2

abby11
abby24
abby14

abby31

abby37

abby40

No comments: