07 August 2009

"I wish always to be a boy and have fun."

My best friend Sarah goes packing for Australia, and what do I do to fill the void? Skype, skype, skype! Oh, and hang out with her family in the burbs (the webcam does start to feel creepy after awhile.) But seriously, photographing her four kid siblings was one of my favorite shoots ever. We chose to explore a whimsical ex-golf course near their house, and I loved watching how each of the kids opened up differently throughout the shoot. Kids are so fun to photograph because they have fewer inhibitions in front of a camera, which adds such an organic dimension to the photographs. I left the burbs feeling inspired and thoroughly heart-warmed -- not to mention completely psyched to photograph Sarah and the kids all together when she comes home! 120ish days!
























2 comments:

Jennifer Whalen said...

Tara! these are fantastic!

taylortrauger said...

I love them. What cute kids! :) Well done photographing them, as always.